Got back from Indiana on 11/8/2018 and was able to get everything worked out with the Department of Revenue in Tallahassee, FL. Will be using Square to provide secure credit card payments. I am also getting setup for Point Of Sale (POS) purchases at RV Trade shows. Made my first "test" purchase today for $ 0.54 and everything went through flawlessly. Just waiting to make sure that the big sale shows up in my bank account. After that occurs, I will give another post when the online store goes live.
Our brand new Thor Tuscany 38SQ all electric motor coach, finally had a total electrical failure, We went to Camping World in Great Falls, MT to get it fixed and found out that it would be a week to get into the shop to diagnose the problem, and then two to three weeks to work through the Warranty paperwork and repair. So living without power for a month was not an option... So we headed back home to Florida
Our time at Glacier National Park has come to an end. With a massive thunderstorm hitting the west side of Glacier on 8/11/2018 it touched off three fires inside the park. The Going-To-The-Sun road closed from Apgar to Logan Pass (mainly the west side of the park). Several other fires outside the park have also contributed to a massive amount of smoke. It's like driving in a fog bank, not being able to the glaciers, mountains, and waterfalls. And park visitation has dropped off, however, now there is plenty of parking at the pullouts and Logan Pass. We will be leaving on 9/29/2018 and heading to Niagra Falls for a few days of R&R and then on to Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island, ME.
Over the next couple of months, I expect to stand up my eCommerce storefront on my website. Still working out the details for tax collection requirements in the state of Florida, shipping options, and discounts for readers that purchase another planning guide.
Now that the 2nd editions are published, I am back on track to work on the next books releases. These books include Joshua Tree, Petrified Forest, Redwood, and Olympic National Parks.
Completed the 2018 updates to Badlands and Wind Cave National Parks, Dry Tortugas and Biscayne National Parks, Carlsbad and Guadalupe Mountains National Parks, Zion and Bryce Cany National Parks Planning Guides. The 2nd edition now updates the National Park Schedules, other changes, new transportation section, and a new section of other National units in the area. Glacier National Park edition 2 will be available in early July.
We made it back to Montana on 6/1/2018. Since we got the heating, and hot-water issue fixed Cindy could start her job early with Glacier Park Lodge. The Transfer switch was received and installed. And today Ken found out that he will be driving the Red Bus again in 2018 (4th Year), and goes to Lake McDonald for training tomorrow. Even though things didn’t “pan out” for us in Alaska, it looks like we will have another great summer in Glacier National Park with all of the friends that we have met over the years. Not to mention we have even got to spend time with our son since we have been back.
We waited in Fairbanks, AK from Saturday to Tuesday 5/29/2018 for a UPS package that was supposed to be held for pickup. Over the weekend, we had to come up with a new game plan. Our first thought was to head home slowly and see the parks in Washington, Oregon, and California that were snowed in on the way up. But we decided to see if they needed any help in Glacier National Park… So before we left Fairbanks Cindy found out that she would be going back to her old job at Glacier Park Lodge, and Ken decided not even enquire. Ken made an arrangement to have the heating problem fixed in Polson Montana when they arrived on 6/1/2018. He worked with Thor Motorcoach to have the transfer switch sent to Glacier Park Lodge. And away we go back to the lower 48.
The Blog will keep you informed of what is or about to happen and what plans we have on the horizon for future adventures...